Today's market.... A pretty typical one, which means lots to interest, tempt, lots of socialising, lots to enjoy. If you haven't paid us a visit, put May 28 in your diary.
News about a new drop-in at the library.....
PRIME Cymru is one of the Prince of Wales' Charities and is currently working on the Workways+ Project, which supports people over 54 years of age, who are not on Job seekers allowance, are economically inactive and live in Powys.
Prime Cymru helps people with training, including IT training, how to use computers, tablets and phones, volunteering, including tailored work experience, employment, including CVs, applications, confidence-building and self-employment.
They offer a free service and meet with people individually at a time and public place to suit them.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jan Allen-Darby at email@example.com or phone 07983 097629.
Come to one of the drop-ins for help with:-
How to use your mobile phone, tablet or computer,
Exploring ideas and give support for your own business,
Getting back into employment,
Finding out what training is available,
Writing your CV, applications and improving interview techniques.
Come for an informal chat on any of these issues at Knighton Community Centre on:-
10th May 2018 10 am-12.30 pm
24th May 2 pm to 4 pm
7th June 10 am-12.30 pm
21st June 10 am-12.30 pm
19th July 10 am-12.30 pm
What’s on in the week ahead:
Monday May 7th : Library closed .
Tuesday May 8th : Library open 10am - 12.30pm, 3pm - 6pm
• Welsh class in Dressing room. 9.30 – 11.30 & 1.00 – 3.00pm.
• Line dancing. Main Hall. 10.15- 12.15. Just turn up or email Karen Hadley on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Action on Hearing Loss hearing aid clinic. Reynolds Room 10.30 – 12.30
• Community Café in Bar 10.00am – 12.00
• Slimming World 4.15 – 7.30 in Reynolds Room. Contact Sam on email@example.com
• Stowe and Stanage WI monthly meeting in Dressing Room. 7pm
Wed, May 9th: Library open 10am - 12.30pm
Healthy Friendships in Reynolds Room 2-4pm
Army Cadets in Reynolds Room.
Thur, May 10th: Library open 10am - 12.30pm, 2pm - 5pm
• Leg Club in Reynolds Room 9am to 12.00.
• Private meeting in bar 9.00am to 2.00pm
• EG Fitness & Dance & Musical theatre 4.30 – 6.15. Contact Emily on 07727-141440.
• Karate 6 – 8pm in Reynolds Room. 07816-926988 for more.
Fri, May 11th: Library open 2pm - 5pm
Sat, May 12th: Library open 10am - 12.30pm.
• Community Market Gardening Special in Main Hall 9.30am to 12.30pm, followed by screening of “How We Can Eat Our Landscapes” & discussion.
• Karate in Reynolds Room 10am – noon.
Sun, May 13th:
• Monthly Auction in Main Hall. Phone Neil Freeman on 07981-813325 for details.
As part of our ongoing efforts to improve the community centre and make it fit for this century - and to provide support for the overstretched volunteers running your centre - funding has finally been found to employ a Centre Administrator for 18 hours a week. Here's the advertisement for the post - and if you're interested, go to the new "Volunteering and employment" page on this website (Click on "more..."in the top menu) and you can download the job description and job application form.
This blog is maintained by Chris Plant on behalf of the Management Committee to bring you all the other bits of Comm news and info that don't quite fit anywhere else.